If you are a teacher and you have been looking for opportunity to teach in the UK, here is good news for you. Hangleton & Benfield Federation is currently seeking qualify and dedicated individuals to become part of its teaching team.
Brighton & Hove City Council is the local government authority governing the city of Brighton and Hove in East Sussex, England. It oversees a wide array of public services, including housing, education, social services, transportation, and planning.
- Year 4 Teacher
- £28000 – £43685
- United Kingdom
- Full Time
- 3rdJanuary, 2024
- Responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people he/she is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
- Delivering and maintaining the effective implementation of school policies, schemes of work and related practice for all subjects but with particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
- To oversee the continued care and welfare of pupils within your designated class.
- To plan, prepare, deliver and assess lessons that enable each individual pupil to succeed.
- To assist in building and maintaining positive relationships between parents, governors, the local community and the school.
- To oversee the delivery of an effective curriculum throughout the school leading to high expectations and standards. A comprehensive list of key tasks is available from the school.
- To be aware of health and safety issues and work within the guidelines of the Health and Safety Policy.
The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Experience of teaching within the primary stage
- DFES recognised teaching qualification
- Energy, dedication and enthusiasm to school wide initiatives
- The ability to work as member of a team as well as on own initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teaching and learning skills
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have high expectations of children and young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of Primary aged and related pedagogy to enable them to teach effectively across the age and ability range
- Plan for progression across the age and ability range, designing effective learning sequences within lessons
- Have a knowledge and understanding of a range of teaching and learning strategies and know how to use and adapt them, for different groups of children
- Know a range of approaches to assessment, including the importance of formative assessment.
- Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment conducive to learning.
- Establish a clear framework for classroom discipline to manage learners’ behaviour constructively and promote their self-control and independence.
- Ability to relate to, communicate with parents, and encourage their participation in education.
- Ability to work closely with other members of staff
- Ability to be creative within the curriculum and wider school.
- Boundless enthusiasm for teaching
- Ability to add to the positive atmosphere in the staffroom
- Show a clear commitment to putting children first
- Opportunity to work in a across a progressive federation
- Rewarding and responsive children and parents
- Excellent teaching assistant support
- To be part of a supportive team
Work Permits/VISA SPONSORSHIP
Brighton & Hove City Council may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this position but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
How to Apply
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Old Shoreham Road, Portslade, BN41 1XS, [email protected]
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage for more information.
10th November, 2023.