Royal Cornwall Hospital in the UK is offering an opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join the St Mawes Ward at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, a busy surgical admissions ward. The applicant must have excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
St Mawes is a bedded ward, and we strive to provide excellent patient care while maintaining effective and safe patient flow throughout the hospital. As a Band 3 member joining our Nursing Team, you will be expected to work in various areas of our service. We collaborate closely with our team of surgical doctors, so excellent communication skills are a must.
You should be able to demonstrate your ability to work at or work towards Band 3 level, and recent acute hospital experience would be advantageous. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress towards the Associate Nurse qualification.
If you’re looking to join a welcoming and supportive team and aspire to make a positive difference in every patient’s experience, you will fit right in with us.
- General Surgery and Cancer Services
- £22,816 – £24,336 (Band 3)
- United Kingdom
1. As a Band 3 member joining the team, you are expected to work within various areas of our service.
2. You must work closely with the surgical team of doctors, so excellent communication skills are a must.
3. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to work at or work towards Band 3 level, and recent acute hospital experience would be advantageous.
Applicants must have the following:
1. A good level of education.
2. NVQ3 in health and social care or equivalent or working towards it.
3. Evidence of previous responsibility in an acute hospital setting or community setting.
Skills (Essential skills applicants must have)
2. Good IT skills.
1. Visa Sponsorship available for both Overseas applicants.
2. Pension and Life assurance.
3. The Trust has a dedicated Childcare Co-ordination Team who can support and advise staff on childcare-related issues.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. To work in the UK, all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non-UK/RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship (Work in the UK). It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found [HERE] (Criminal records checks for overseas applicants).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to visit the official website for more details and to apply.
12th November 2023
All supporting documents and Job Description and personal specifications