UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement aimed at motivating both individuals and organizations to actively support and promote citizen-led initiatives in the realm of sustainability. This movement strives to empower people at all levels to take positive steps towards sustainability, drawing inspiration from UPG’s commitment to taking action using available resources rather than waiting for others to act. It embodies the belief that every individual can contribute to making the world more sustainable.
UPG’s perspective on sustainability is comprehensive, encompassing not only traditional “green” concerns like afforestation, recycling, energy management, and ocean conservation but also addressing long-standing societal issues such as education, healthcare, employment, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production, and more. UPG aligns its efforts with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guiding framework.
One of UPG’s primary initiatives is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program, which annually engages over 500 young adults from around the world. Additionally, UPG offers various activities tailored for schools, institutions, and companies to foster sustainability awareness and action.
Eligibility Criteria for the UPS Sustainability Leadership
- Any levels of education is accepted
- All applicants to the UPG Sustainability Leadership program will need to have a good understanding of English.
- Applicants must be 18 to 35 years between 1st March and 31st July 2024.
- Applicants must be passionate in a specific area (e.g jobs or education or oceans)
- UPG Sustainability Leadership program is open to all nations
- Applicants should have strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders
- Applicants must be willing and able to take action on sustainability
- Applicant should believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
UPG is looking for young determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
- Your Profile – this helps us to strive for diversity
- Your Motivation – we select the most motivated
- Your Capabilities and
- The Potential for Impact of project or idea
Benefits of the UPS Sustainability Leadership
The UPG Sustainability Leadership program will offer successful candidate the following:
- 60 selected candidates will be chosen to join a one-week immersive trip to Hurricane Island to continue their learning at the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership in the USA.
- Participants selected for the one-week immersive excursion will have the costs of the program covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s home town to the US)
- The UPG Sustainability Leadership program will be offered entirely online. This means you can participate from wherever you are in the world.
- Sustainability Leaders will be provided with the tools to carry out this project and training as part of the program.
- Participants will be Certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
All applications must be submitted online; applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to UPG will not be considered. Applicants should expect to hear the outcome of his/her application by 14th February 2024.
- Questions that are marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and must be answered
- Individuals may only submit one application. If an applicant submits two applications using different email addresses, then the individual will be disqualified
For further information about UPG Sustainability Leadership program, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
- A short video (maximum 2 minutes) to answer any of the questions from any section above or to tell us more about yourself. Among other things, the video helps us evaluate your English language skills
1st December, 2023.
Kindly use the CONTACT US form to submit your enquiries and you will get feedback.