The Dell Scholars program is a scholarship and college completion initiative that guides and empowers students as they pursue their college degrees. This scholarship program offers students the necessary support to successfully earn their college degrees. It was specifically designed to create a robust support system to address the challenges that many students encounter while pursuing their degrees. The Dell Scholars program is an initiative of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, which has been supporting scholars since the program’s inception in 2004, assisting over 5,000 scholars, including more than 2,000 college graduates.
The scholarship itself is designed with flexibility in mind, allowing scholars to utilize the award funds for various expenses that arise during their college journey. In addition to covering tuition, fees, and the full cost of undergraduate education, scholarship awards can also be applied to graduate studies, loan repayment, studying abroad, and internship stipends. Dell Scholars have the opportunity to maintain communication with one another and with the foundation through the private website known as Dell Scholars Connect.
- International students
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible and selected for the Dell scholarship program, candidates must meet the following:
1. Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12
View list of approved CRPs ►
2. Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year
3. Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant in first year of college
4. Plan to enroll full time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation
5. Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
Selection Criteria for the Scholarship
The Dell Scholars program targets low-income, highly motivated students who are better than their numbers indicate and demonstrate the drive to succeed despite personal obstacles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique “GPA” of grit, potential, and ambition in their quest for a college education:
GRIT: by taking action to address or overcome personal challenges in their lives related to their families, schools, or communities’
POTENTIAL: by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out academic rigor.
AMBITION: by preparing themselves and planning for their dream of graduating with a college degree.
Benefits of the Dell Scholarship
The scholarship provides the following benefits to its scholars:
1.20,000: A flexible fund of $20,000 that scholars can use for the many costs that arise during their college career.
2. Personalized and multifaceted support: that help reduce the academic, financial, and emotional life challenges that may prevent students from completing college.
3. A Laptop:A Laptop Computer including a 4-year warranty, which is essential for college success.
4. Textbooks credit: Chegg credits ($500 annually for 4 years) to be used for textbook purchases and rentals and/or textbook solutions.
5. Scholarship Resource Network: Access to the Scholars Resources Network which connects Scholars and their families to resources that helps them deal with stress, debt, and other life circumstances.
6. Access to Teletherapy: Access to a teletherapy service that connects students to professional counseling.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To initiate the application process for the Dell Scholarship program, the initial step involves filling out the online application. Following submission, all applications undergo evaluation, and a cohort of semifinalists is chosen. These semifinalists are then requested to provide a recent high school transcript, a comprehensive Student Aid Report (SAR) derived from their FAFSA submission, and an online recommendation. Subsequently, an independent selection committee reviews all the information submitted by the semifinalists. CLICK HERE to start your application.
For further information about the scholarship application process, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
1st December, 2023.
Kindly CLICK HERE to seeall FAQ and support contacts.