Shaw healthcare has announced that they are looking for a Nurse to join the team at Hazlemere Lodge, High Wycombe. Shaw healthcare is now a Real Living Wage Employer, as well as the UK’s largest employee-owned healthcare company. If you are a compassionate and caring person looking for a career where you feel valued and rewarded for your work, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Shaw healthcare team—a team fully committed to making a difference in the lives of those we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users, providing the same level of care we would expect for our own family members. You will utilize the latest care technology, enabling you to spend more time with the service users you care for.
Shaw Healthcare are proud to be a UKVI sponsor and are able to offer sponsorship for this role should it be required for any Applicant.
- Day Nurse
- £23.50 per hour
- High Wycombe (UK)
Responsibilities and Duties
– Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents’ needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life.
– Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; develop, review, and update care plans to meet our residents’ physical, social, and psychological needs.
– Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored, and administered, following company policies and current legislation.
– Build the positive reputation of the business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders.
– Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate, and resolve risks proactively.
– Support, guide, teach, and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times.
Requirements and Skills
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
– The ability to lead a team, analyze problems, and propose solutions or improvements.
– Able to communicate effectively and develop professional relationships.
– Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role.
– Respectful of the values, views, and needs of others.
– Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
– Experience in delivering nursing care within the elderly healthcare sector.
– Experience participating in quality and clinical governance programs.
We will provide you with full training, including our leadership program, which can support your development and opportunities for progression within Shaw. You will also enjoy access to a variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being. Throughout your career, we will invest in you, and you will enjoy additional support and benefits.
Benefits for the Job Role
– Excellent Career Opportunities
– Employee-Owned Trust
– GP online – providing around-the-clock GP consultation via an interactive app
– Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000 for each referral by you)
– Paid annual leave: 35 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
– Company Sick Pay
– Free Uniform
– Discounted Homemade Meals while on Shift
– Pension scheme
– Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts, including carefully selected discount partners.
– Holiday discounts
– Death in service payment (subject to criteria)
– Outstanding recognition schemes such as Shaw Star Awards and Long Service Awards
– Online benefits and cashback rewards
– Our support to your Wellbeing includes free-of-charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues, including physical, mental, and financial issues.
– NMC Registration Paid
How to Apply
Interested candidates can CLICK HERE to visit the official website and submit their Resume/CV for this job role.