Imperial College London has announced the Presidential PhD scholarship, available for outstanding Undergraduate or Master’s students, offering Full Funding, stipends, and other benefits.
If you’re a high-performing undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong desire to pursue a PhD at a world-class research institution, the Presidential PhD Scholarship provides an outstanding opportunity. It covers full tuition fees and offers a generous stipend for a 3.5-year PhD position at Imperial College London.
The President’s PhD Scholarships enable students to pursue a research project of their choice with the guidance of an excellent supervisor, fostering cohort-building experiences with fellow President’s PhD Scholars.
- All Nationality (worldwide)
- United Kingdom
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent academic performance and promising research potential.
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates globally, including Imperial College London, the UK, and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- The scholarship is applicable to both full- and part-time study.
- We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, as we recognize that diversity not only benefits Imperial but also helps the sector better represent the communities we serve.
- Candidates must be in receipt of, or due to receive, a first class or equivalent in an undergraduate or integrated Masters degree; or if this has not been achieved
- Candidates must be in receipt of (or where this has yet to be received be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to) a distinction in a standalone Master’s qualification.
This allows candidates who have demonstrated excellence at Master’s level, but not achieved a first class undergraduate degree, to be able to apply to the scheme.
Candidates with only a single undergraduate degree or integrated Master’s must still must be in receipt of, or due to receive, a first class or equivalent.
Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality, although some departments may be unable to support international candidates.
The scheme is only open to new PhD applications. Current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship
All qualified candidates will benefit from each of the 50 scholarships available, providing the following support during the 3.5 years of study:
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- A stipend of £25,150 (2024-25 rate) per annum to assist with living costs.
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study.
- A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
- Access to the full range of support available to postgraduates at Imperial, including tailored support for disabled and international students, and the wider Graduate School program of professional skills courses.
How to Apply
Applications for this scholarship scheme will be considered at three points throughout the academic year.
- Applicants who apply by 23:59 (UK time) on 6 November 2023 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by the end of January 2024.
- Applicants who apply by 23:59 (UK time) on 8 January 2024 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by the end of March 2024.
- Applicants who apply by 23:59 (UK time) on 4 March 2024 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by the end of May 2024.
Before applying, candidates must:
- Have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Supervisors are limited to supervising one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information.
There isn’t a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system, and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
Scholarship specific instructions for the admissions process are on the official website, and you must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
For more details about the scholarship admission instructions, kindly visit the official website by CLICKING HERE.
4 March 2024