A Denmark Company Truestory is currently hiring a Platform Engineer, offering a unique opportunity for you to propel them forward and significantly influence their approach. If you’re growth-driven, passionate about your work, and enjoy bringing fresh ideas to life, you are the ideal candidate for this role at Truestory.
At Truestory they want to help people experience more together. Truestory is a curated marketplace built to create and share experiences in Scandinavia. They cater to their customers and their hosts by being a helping hand. Their platform allows customers to find, buy, and book their next experience for themselves or as a gift for someone, while their hosts get exposure and a new customer base. Win-win.
Working at Truestory offers a balance of freedom and challenges, fostering both professional and personal growth. They have a flat organizational structure with a really ambitious growth plan, but still a goal of keeping things calm. They dont believe in burning the midnight oil – they believe in balance and in being “good at home”, in order to be good at work. All of this while still delivering great results and constantly moving the bar and improving key metrics.
- Platform Engineer
- Remote (worldwide)
- €3,800 – €6,400 per month.
- Full-time (37 hours weekly)
Duties and Responsibilities
As the pioneering DevOps/Platform Engineer, you will lead and implement our platform infrastructure, collaborating with our Platform Tech-lead and development team. Your day-to-day will include:
- Crafting and maintaining a scalable, highly available cloud infrastructure tailored to our needs.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration using Terraform scripts.
- Streamlining our CI/CD pipelines with Github Workflows for seamless software deployment.
- Managing containerized applications using AWS services (Amazon ECS or EKS) and orchestrating with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Applying Infrastructure as Code principles to manage our infrastructure resources efficiently.
- Developing and overseeing monitoring and logging solutions to ensure peak performance and health of our platform.
- Collaborating closely with development and Service Teams to guarantee minimal downtime and continual operational improvements.
- Crafting and maintaining disaster recovery plans, bolstering the resilience of our cloud-based systems.
- Tackling performance bottlenecks, optimizing AWS resources, and incorporating best practices for maximum efficiency.
- Creating and updating technical documentation for our AWS infrastructure, deployment processes, and best practices.
- Taking the helm in developing our DevOps/Platform area in close partnership with our Tech-lead.
Requirements and Skills
Below are the qualifications and skills needed from you as the Platform Engineer.
- A minimum of 3 years in engineering roles, focusing on DevOps or platform engineering.
- Profound knowledge of AWS, cloud automation tools like Terraform, containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), ELK stack, MySQL and SQL Server databases, configuration management systems (Puppet), and monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Strong expertise in networking, documentation, web technologies (including HTTP caching, Linux OS, Elasticsearch).
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, and the ability to use monitoring and metrics for operational advancements.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and a standout performer in a remote-first work environment.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer) are a significant bonus.
- Familiarity with .Net Framework (C#).
- A robust grasp of deployment processes via GitHub.
- Keen interest in embracing and implementing AI tooling.
- Remote-First Culture: We relish the flexibility and convenience of working from anywhere.
- Career Growth: Seize the opportunity to lead and reshape our entire DevOps & Platform engineering unit.
- Collaborative Team: Thrive in an environment where teamwork and collective achievements are celebrated.
- A Team of Dedicated Individuals: Join forces with a group of highly motivated people, all committed to excellence and ownership.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email to [email protected] with “DevOps at Truestory” as the subject.
For more details about the job visit the Official website.
15 January 2024