The Government of New Zealand has announced Manaaki Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025. This scholarship aims to nurture future leaders from underdeveloped countries and provide fully funded scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, depending on the applicant’s home country. International students from specific countries are encouraged to apply for the Manaaki scholarship in New Zealand.
- International students
- New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria/ Eligibility Questionnaire for the Scholarship
To qualify for the Manaaki Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements.
- In which country do you hold citizenship?
- How long have you been living in your home country?
- How much work experience do you have?
- Do we provide scholarships to your country?
Complete the eligibility questionnaire before applying for the Manaaki Scholarship. CLICK HERE to complete the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships online eligibility test.
- Age requirements for scholars: You must be 18 years old or older when starting your scholarship.
- Work experience requirements for scholars: Postgraduate and mature undergraduate applicants must have relevant work experience, meeting either one year of full-time work experience or two years of part-time work experience.
- Scholars must contribute to their country’s development.
- Applicants must reside in their home country for two years before commencing their study, except for those working on diplomatic assignments or dependants of these diplomats.
- Academic and English requirements for scholars: Successful scholarship applicants must meet the academic and English language requirements set by each education institution.
- Applicants within their stand-down period (two years after their Manaaki scholarship completion date) are not eligible to apply for another scholarship.
- Immigration and visa requirements for scholars: Apply for a student visa only if offered a scholarship and upon acceptance. Check the student visa requirements on the immigration website before applying for a scholarship.
- New Zealand’s border requirements: While New Zealand’s border settings no longer mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all foreign nationals, reimbursement for the vaccine cost is available for those not yet vaccinated but intending to be.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Successful applicants will have the followng benefits from the scholarship:
- Full Tuition Fees Coverage until you complete your program.
- Scholars will receive Weekly Allowance of NZ$531 to cover their basic living costs.
- A one-time payment of NZ$3000 is provided to address early expenses such as accommodation, textbooks, or study materials to scholars.
- Medical insurance is provided throughout your stay in New Zealand.
- The scholarship includes flights to New Zealand and back to your home country.
- Full travel insurance coverage is included to scholars.
- Depending on your scholarship’s duration, scholars may be eligible for one or two return trips to your home country.
- Postgraduate students will receive financial support for their research work.
- NZ$1000 is allocated annually for specific undergraduate courses to cover extra tutoring expenses.
- A NZ$1000 allowance is provided to assist with expenses when you return to your home country.
How to Apply
Interested applicants need to complete the following before applying:
- Select your Region to find the application process for your country
- Register for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship account
- Set password for your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship account
- Use your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account to access the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship online application system, then complete submit your application before the closing date.
29th February 2024