Are you a proficient front-end engineer ready to advance in your career? We are excited to announce an opening for a Lead Front-End Engineer at 10up, a top digital agency at the forefront of web development and design.
At 10up, they we call developers like you engineers because you aren’t just a “coder”: you’re an innovative problem solver that uses web programming skills to divine smart, creative solutions to client challenges. As a Lead Front End Engineer at 10up, you are taking the driving seat in building custom-crafted UIs utilized by millions of people daily. 10uppers have been pushing the boundaries of premium UI/UX for over 12 years—become a lead engineer that innovates the internet by building state-of-the-art web fronts alongside a top-in-the-field team.
You’ll work on a combination of unique builds and ongoing support engagements that help season your technical leading skills. As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
- Lead Front-End Engineer
- $90,000 – $150,000 annually
- Full Time
About the Role
As a Lead Front-End Engineer at 10up, you are taking the driving seat in building custom-crafted UIs utilized by millions of people daily. You will work on a combination of unique builds and ongoing support engagements that help season your technical leading skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive strategy in collaboration with experts across multiple disciplines, and lead overall technical vision and delivery on large-scale projects.
- Engage meaningfully with clients; leading demos and driving discussions.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Front End Engineering discipline by leading and mentoring other fellow Front End Engineers
- Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
Requirements for the Job
- You’re at your best leading a team of engineers to solve a complex problem while providing code reviews, coaching, and mentorship.
- You have a code portfolio of real-world samples to showcase your skills. Link us to your best custom work on GitHub and you’ll never have to do any live coding or whiteboard testing!
- You have the ability to clearly present your thoughts to clients and team members.
- You are an advocate for coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effectively engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs – including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
- A Director of Engineering that supports your career growth and development
How to Apply
If you are passionate about 10up’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. If you consider yourself a Full-Stack Engineer, please choose the discipline and job title that most closely aligns with your focus/primary area of expertise. They will personally review each application and can always pivot roles after you enter the hiring process.
Visit the Official website and start your Apply.
- Cover Letter