University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust has announced that they are seeking a Finance Manager eager to progress and develop their career in a fast-paced and supportive working environment. The exciting part of the job is that there is training available, and applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome.
UHB (University Hospitals Birmingham) NHS Foundation Trust runs Good Hope, Heartlands, Solihull and the world-renowned Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. Our 22,000 employees deliver care to more than 2 million patients every year.
They are committed to career development and offer a flexible and collaborative working environment where your health and wellbeing are valued. They are constantly evolving, improving and encourage innovation. Opportunities have arisen for Finance Manager roles supporting front line services. These roles are essential in ensuring accurate, timely and insightful financial information, analysis, and reporting.
The Financial Management Team within the Trust offer a comprehensive financial management service, supporting budget holders to deliver on objectives. They offer a wealth of learning and development to help you achieve your career goals and opportunities to take your career to the next level. They work on a hybrid model with a blend of office based, on site, and remote working.
If you meet all the requirements of the person specification for this role, they would like to hear from you.
- Finance Manager
- £35392.00 to £42618.00 yearly
- Full-Time, Flexible Working
Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder will assist the ADoF /SFBP (Associate Director of Finance/ Senior Finance Business Partner) in providing comprehensive financial management support and advice to Directors, Senior Managers and Corporate Budget Holders.
- The post holder will be part of a team directly involved in the maintenance of the general ledger and budgetary control system which are used in the production of monthly financial statements for budget holders.
- As a senior member of the team, the post-holder will be expected to work independently and use their own initiative within their own sphere of work. Guidance will be available when required from the ADoF/SFBP
- The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all finance policies and procedures including Trust Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs).
- The post holder will supervise the junior staff within the Group and contribute to their training and personal development, enforcing Trust policies within the team.
- As a senior member of staff, the post-holder will be expected to become involved in financial matters relating to the whole Trust as and when required and contribute to the continuous improvement of team and Finance Department procedures.
Application must have the following:
- GCSE Grade 4 or above in Maths & English
- Demonstrating significant progression towards a professional accountancy qualification. (CCAB) or significant relevant experience.
- Significant relevant experience working in Management Accounts
- Evidence of accurate production and monitoring of financial performance information and regular liaison with budget holders.
- Good Understanding of management accounting concepts and techniques.
The successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Certificate of Sponsorship
– Applications from job seekers requiring current Skilled Worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome. Further information is available on the UK Visas and Immigration website.
- Flexible Working Hours
– Flexible working hours are available for the successful candidate.
Note: From April 6, 2017, skilled worker applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK are required to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. This requirement also applies to adult dependants (over 18 years old). Guidance can be found here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role and you feel you have the skills and experience required, CLICK HERE to apply.
For enquiry contact the email below for help with your application.
Email: [email protected]
- Do not provide your bank account or credit card details when applying for jobs.
- You should never pay when applying for jobs.
10th December 2023