ZiroJob is currently hiring a Domiciliary Care Assistant with Visa Sponsorship for individuals already living in the UK on a Student visa, skilled worker visa, or dependent visa. Sponsorship is available only after the completion of a 3-month probation period. Applications from overseas applicants will not be considered.
- Domiciliary Care Assistant
- £10 per hour
- Full-time or Part-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the registered nurse in implementing an agreed Care Plan with the service user, following instructions and training received.
- Performing domestic care duties, including washing, dressing, feeding, mobilizing, toileting, bed-making, providing comfort, and monitoring conditions.
- Contributing to a team approach to care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participating in regular meetings and attending other meetings as requested.
- Undertaking tasks and procedures in which competency has been assessed and recorded specific to the care environment.
- Participating in research activities as required.
- Providing support and assistance to registered staff.
- Preventing and minimizing any danger or risk to service users, visitors, coworkers, or themselves in the clinical environment.
- Assisting in maintaining stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- Assisting in maintaining home cleanliness and tidiness and adhering to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Assisting the service user to ensure they have the opportunity to meet their individual dietary requirements.
- Ensuring all service users receive their chosen and correct meals.
- Receiving and conveying information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner.
- Assisting and supporting registered nurses and clerical staff in administrative duties as required.
- Escorting stable service users to and from their homes and other care locations as required.
Policies and Procedures for Post Holder
The post holder is required to familiarize themselves with all policies and procedures and to comply with these at all times. Failure to comply with any of these policies may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. These have been agreed with staff and Staff Side and are as follows:
- Treat others as you would like to be treated;
- Listen to and support others and make time to do so;
- Seek, acknowledge and value others’ experiences and contributions;
- Acknowledge others’ beliefs;
- Be courteous and considerate to all;
- Treat others fairly and equally;
- Be honest and trustworthy and act with integrity;
- Encourage others to treat all staff with respect;
- Challenge the behaviour of staff who do not show respect to others.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum 3months experience in a healthcare role
- DBS Certificate
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of others, especially vulnerable people or the sick or infirm
- Diligent and good at following instructions
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Responsible and reliable
- GCSEs in English and Mathematics
- Have or be working towards a healthcare qualification (e.g. NVQ, BTEC) or The Care Certificate
- Assist and support new HCAs
- Post holder has no managerial or budgetary responsibility.
- The candidate will need to be working towards an NVQ 2 or have The Care Certificate.
– UK visa sponsorship
– Benefits for students already in the UK
– Referral programme
– Choose to work full-time, permanent, or temp-to-perm
– Day shift available
How to Apply
Interested applicants with at least 3 months of UK care experience, living in or around Leeds, should CLICK HERE to visit the official website for more details about the job and apply now.