Transport for London (TfL), a local government body responsible for most of the transport network in London, United Kingdom, has announced recruitment for Customer Service Assistant 2 – a full-time job opportunity.
They are currently seeking friendly, reliable, helpful individuals with a genuine passion for delivering outstanding customer service. As announced, we are looking for confident people who can quickly take in information about our services, become experts in their local working areas, and always promote a positive image. Not only will you enjoy a highly competitive salary and benefits package, but you will also be part of a team committed to exceptional service delivery.
As a CSA, you would be expected to work on a varied shift pattern, which will include early starts (04:30) and late finishes (01:30), weekends, and public holidays. This is a full-time position, requiring 35 hours per week, and you will be required to work on any day of the year.
Transport for London leads the way as a unique public service and an inclusive, flexible organization committed to developing you. We treat our staff with the same commitment we give our customers; their satisfaction is a measure of our success. London Underground, better known as the Tube, has 11 lines covering 402km and serving 272 stations across London.
The Tube handles up to five million passenger journeys a day. At peak times, there are more than 543 trains operating in the capital.
- Customer Service Assistant
- Permanent, Full-time
- United Kingdom, London
The Role for this Job
Being a CSA at London Underground is a customer service role like no other. Our CSAs are the face of a unique public service which serves millions of Londoners each day.
You would be expected to deliver exceptional service to all London Underground customers, providing assistance according to all customer needs including ticketing and enquiries. You would also be expected to assist with taking steps to alleviate congestion, prevent overcrowding and assisting customer flow and evacuation where necessary, whilst providing a welcoming presence throughout the station, and ensuring there is safety at the core of everything you do.
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should:
- Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK – UK Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship available, more information on the process can be discussed if you are successful in being offered a position.
- Be prepared to work anywhere in London.
- Be able to work a variety of shift patterns including Nights, weekends and public holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Customer service: Deliver world-class service by actively providing proactive assistance to customers, including those with special requirements. Be knowledgeable about service information, offer cost-effective help and advice on ticketing.
2. Ticketing: Provide proactive support and advice to customers at ticket machines, including the use of staff-enabled functionality. Maintain the knowledge required to appropriately manage the monies collected via ticket machines. You will be trained on how to float, service, and consolidate cash from ticket machines.
3. Incidents and emergencies: Assist to ensure the safety of customers and staff and to restore service as quickly as possible, following London Underground’s rules and procedures (as directed).
4. Station support: Support the smooth operation of the station environment. This includes carrying out checks, taking steps to alleviate congestion, prevent overcrowding, and assisting customer flow and evacuation where necessary. Resolve local issues or report faults as required. Be vigilant and report incidents/issues as they arise. As an organization, we value our diverse city and inclusive workplace, and we expect you to make a positive contribution to maintain and further this for our colleagues and our customers.
The process consists of three stages, including attending an Assessment Centre. You will need to pass each stage to progress to the next.
Stage 1: Online Application Form
As part of the application process, you will be asked a number of screening questions. Please take care when answering these questions, as submitting an incorrect answer will result in your application being declined.
Stage 2: Online Test
You will receive a link to an online test via panpowered.com. You will have 7 calendar days (168 hours) to complete the test from the date and time it was sent. If you have not received the email within 48 hours of applying, please check your junk/spam emails. If you are unable to locate your invite, please contact the Recruitment Team using the contact details provided at the bottom.
No extensions will be granted. Therefore, if you are unable to complete your test within the 7 days, we advise you to refrain from submitting your application at this time. If you do not complete the tests within 7 days of receiving the email, you will be automatically removed from the process.
Please note: If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to assist you, you will need to advise us before you begin the test. Requests for reasonable adjustments cannot be made after the test has started.
Stage 3: Assessment Centre at Ashfield House, West London
You will complete the following:
– Work-based written test
– Staff interactive role-play exercise
– Scenario-based interview and report writing
You must be successful at each stage and Assessment Centre to progress through the application process. If you are unsuccessful at any stage, your application for this recruitment campaign will not be processed further.
Please be aware that communicating the outcomes of the Assessment Centres will take 10-14 days.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and opportunities for growth. Rewards vary according to the business area but typically include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel on the TfL network
- A 75% reimbursement scheme on National Rail
- 37 days of annual leave including bank holidays
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work program
- Retail, health, leisure, and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
Additionally, interested candidates are eligible for Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship if needed. The salary is £30,381, and shifts are available.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this job vacancy should CLICK HERE to visit the official website for more details about the job and start their application now.
3rd March 2024
[Also Check]: Marketing Operation Manager Position