Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024/2025 CSC Scholarship, specifically for international students interested in pursuing a postgraduate program at the Zhejiang Normal University, China.
The CSC scholarships are designed to recognize and support international students with outstanding academic achievements. The CSC Scholarship is available to students pursuing master’s and Doctoral’s degree at the University.
The CSC Scholarship was established by the Chinese Ministry of Education to support the Zhejiang Normal University to attract international students with exceptional academic records for graduate studies in China.
Established in 1956, Zhejiang Normal University (ZJNU) is situated across two campuses within Zhejiang Province, China. The primary campus is situated in the Jinhua-Yiwu Metropolitan area, which is one of the four major metropolitan areas in the province of Zhejiang. Jinhua offers excellent transportation connectivity, with a high-speed rail journey of just 40 minutes to Hangzhou and 100 minutes to Shanghai. Additionally, ZJNU has a branch campus in Hangzhou, the provincial capital, which boasts a lush and picturesque environment, making it an ideal place for living, learning, and working.
- International students
- 3-4 years depending on your program
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the CSC scholarship, candidates must meet the following:
- Should be non-Chinese citizens
- Master degree applicants should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor’s degree
- doctoral degree applicants should be under 40 years old and have a master’s degree
- Applicants who apply for programs taught in Chinese must have
- HSK 4 or higher certificate
- Chinese language entry requirement of specific programs subject to the university’s list of the program available for 2023.
- Students who do not meet the Chinese language entry requirement must study 1 year of Chinese language and after passing relevant HSK test, the student can start the program.
- In principle, the applicants should be overseas freshmen
- Fresh undergraduate students and fresh master students in China can also apply.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The CSC scholarship will provide funding for the entire standard program duration, provided that the scholarship recipient maintains a consistently strong academic record and demonstrates exemplary behavior.
- Covers tuition fee
- Accommodation fee
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- 3000 RMB monthly stipend for master’s degree students
- 3500 RMB monthly stipend for PhD degree students
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit their applicationsonline.Candidates should ensure the online form is properly filled and submitted. Application will not be processed if insufficient information is provided.
For further information about the scholarship application process, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
Applicants will provide the following documents truly, correctly, and completely
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
- Copy of Passport Home Page
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards)
- Language qualification certificates
- Pre-admission documents.
- A study plan proposal
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted.
- Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials. Applicants are not required to post hard copies of your application documents to the university during the period of application.
29th February, 2024