Are you passionate about having an impact on people’s lives and contributing to solving some of the world’s greatest development challenges? Do you believe that the private sector can provide practical and efficient responses to Africa’s most pressing issues, and generate growth and jobs to drive down poverty and improve the quality of life for people? Then consider this opportunity.
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
About the role
The Communications Officer will be an integral member of the Regional Communications Unit. This Unit works closely with Corporate and Industry communications teams to advance business development and communicate IFC’s impact in regions of coverage. Regional Communications Officers engage with IFC’s stakeholders (companies and businesses, development partners, civil society, and others) to promote projects that showcase IFC’s leadership and innovation as the premier partner of choice for the private sector in emerging and developing economies. The Regional Communications Unit collaborates regularly with counterparts within the World Bank Group.
- Serve as a trusted advisor on communications to IFC management and staff leading IFC’s operations in Central Africa and Anglophone West Africa.
- Provide guidance on internal and external communications, partnerships opportunities, and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate with other regional Communications colleagues to design and execute a coherent communications strategy in the sub-region that elevates IFC’s brand in the region.
- Conceptualize and supervise the preparation, production, and dissemination of communication products (e.g., feature stories, news releases, op-eds, blog posts, speeches, presentations, briefing notes, online and social media content, etc.) and thought leadership pieces.
- Write and/or oversee preparation of high-profile speeches, talking points, op-eds, and presentations, as well as client-facing collaterals and internal staff engagement content.
- Initiate effective professional relationships with key external and internal constituencies (e.g., the media, civil society, academia, businesses, government agencies, influencers, World Bank Group colleagues, etc.), in accordance with priorities defined by the operational teams and Communications Management.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and logistics, often across multiple operational and communications teams, for IFC-organized conferences and seminars, executive missions and speaking engagements, public or broadcast appearances, press briefings, and other communications-related activities involving external and/or internal audiences.
- Support risk identification and mitigation activities in the context of regional and operational communication interventions.
- Advise specific internal and external stakeholders on managing responses in challenging circumstances.
- Provide political economy analysis for relevant countries. Focus includes current events, public opinion, social or political issues, and other external or internal developments related to Central Africa and Anglophone West Africa.
- Master’s degree in communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance
- 7+ years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field.
- In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Solid background in communication
- Strong knowledge and experience working across in markets in Africa, especially in Nigeria or Central Africa, and in the private sector is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage relationships with senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with industry subject-matter experts and operational leads, understand technical aspects related to operations, portfolios, and investments, in order to develop impactful communications strategy.
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and an ability to learn, adapt, and to be innovative as new communications challenges arise.
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project-management skills, in relation to event organization.
- Excellent English and French, including writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of multilateral development institutions, including the World Bank Group policies and operations; understanding of current development topics and issues.
- WBG Core competencies: client orientation; drive for results; teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; knowledge, learning and communication; business judgement and analytical decision-making.
- Attractive salary
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid leave
- Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities
How to Apply
The application is completely done online. Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to submit his/her application.
- Do not provide your bank account or credit card details when applying for jobs.
- You should never pay when applying for jobs.
- Cover letter
[ALSO CHECK ]:
10th February 2024