University Hospitals Birmingham is currently seeking a Deputy Catering Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a food safety expert and enjoys making a positive impact on the Catering Healthcare Experience.
University Hospitals Birmingham is recognized as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognize that we need incredible staff to do this. Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work and we are dedicated to investing in the health and wellbeing of staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can. Additionally, we offer our staff a wide range of training and development opportunities and career development objectives.
- Band 6 Deputy Catering Manager
- £35,392-£42,618 per annum
- Full Time
- Solihull Hospital, West Midlands, UK.
About the Role
The post holder will be responsible for the safe, legal, and effective delivery of Catering Services operated within the Solihull Central Production Unit, Patient and retail services.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring the provision of a sustainable high quality and nutritious meal production is provided to patients. In addition to this, ensure that a wide range of hot and cold meals are provided for staff and visitors in the designated restaurant and coffee shop on site.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the service are compliant with statutory requirements. Working closely with the other catering and Facilities Managers to maintain effective communication regards product changes and future developments that arise.
The post holder is a key member of the Catering Management Team and will be required to create and implement catering policies, undertake projects and travel between Trust sites and provide cover as requested by the Deputy Head of Catering and Head of Catering.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Deputy Head of Catering and Lead Catering Manager with the production, implementation and monitoring of the HACCP policy for the catering department. This includes assisting with the implementation of legislative changes relating to all aspects of food purchase, storage, production and service.
- Day to day management of ward services, retail outlets, Central Production Unit and other associated business; maintaining a consistent high profile in all areas
- Remedy and take action from any adverse audit and Environmental Health audit working with managers.
- Use site HACCP system testing procedure breaches and identifying and monitoring shortfalls
- Ensure stock control systems are managed appropriately.
- Provide a consistent approach to the management of the Catering Team following Trust policy at all times
- Recruitment and Selection of staff within site catering departments
- Meet all mandatory training for staff appraisal reporting.
- Take part in on-call duties within Facilities
- Level 3/4 Food Safety Certificate.
- Recognized HACCP qualification level 2/3.
- Educated to degree or equivalent and evidence of continual professional development in catering operations.
- Health & Safety qualification.
- Allergen Training.
- HND or Diploma or ILM similar experience or proven NHS 2 years department management of a large workforce.
- Specialized knowledge of large catering production operations, food safety, cook chill processes, HACCP and dietary requirements.
- A management role in a catering background.
- Demonstrable record in leading and motivating staff members.
- An in-depth knowledge of Statutory and Mandatory regulations relating to Catering Services, e.g. Food Hygiene Regulations, Food Safety Act 1990.
- An in-depth understanding of multi faith requirements.
- An understanding of infection control risks, policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to manage time and meet objectives
- Ability to motivate a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of computers, especially Microsoft Office and back office systems
- Strong team player with ability to engage all grades of staff
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and providing all necessary analysis/reports to schedule.
- Professional bearing and leads by example
- Willing and able to facilitate change and motivate others to accept change
1. Certificate of Visa Sponsorship
- Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
2. Attractive Salary monthly payment for applicant.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to the official website and begin his/her application.
February 20, 2024