UCL is currently accepting application for the 2024/2025 UCL Global Masters Scholarship Program specifically for international students interested in pursuing a master program. The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time master’s degree studies at UCL.
University College London (UCL) is a prestigious and world-renowned research university located in the heart of London, United Kingdom. Established in 1826, UCL is a founding member of the Russell Group, a network of top research-intensive universities in the UK. It is known for its academic excellence, cutting-edge research, and diverse student body.
- Master’s degree
- International students
- Same with programme
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate
- Come from a lower income background
- AND have submitted a complete admission application (including the submission of references) for a full-time master’s degree at UCL in 2024/25.
- Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund
- Students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree
The scholarship is awarded on the following basis
financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- There are up to 85 (eighty-five) scholarships available in 2024/25 with five aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit their applications online. Candidates should ensure the online form is properly filled and submitted. Application will not be processed if insufficient information is provided.
For further information about the scholarship application process, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
7th May 2024 (5pm BST)