The University of Melbourne is currently accepting applications from international and domestic students for the 2024 Graduate Research Scholarship. The Melbourne Research Scholarship and Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship are offered to high-achieving international and domestic students who are enrolling in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne, established in 1853, is a leading Australian institution known for its academic excellence. Situated in the vibrant city of Melbourne, it offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, emphasizing research-led teaching. The university’s distinguished faculty and commitment to interdisciplinary studies contribute to its global reputation.
The University of Melbourne is renowned for its cutting-edge research facilities and significant contributions to various fields. The campus, located in the heart of Melbourne, provides not only academic excellence but also a rich cultural and extracurricular environment. With a diverse student body and extensive international partnerships, the university aims to produce graduates ready to address the challenges of the modern world.
- Master’s and PhD
- International and domestics students
- Same with course
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- have applied for and meet the requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
Graduate Research Scholarships that provide a stipend as well as fee offset are awarded to domestic and international students based on academic merit. Eligible applicants are scored and ranked according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree and their research potential in their field of study. Factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course for which the scholarship is sought, relevant professional experience, refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications or composition of original music may be taken into consideration.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $37,000 per year pro rata (2024 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
How to Apply for the Scholarship
If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships. You will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within ten business days of having submitted your course application.
For further information about the scholarship application process, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
31st October 2024