Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024/2025 NL Scholarships Erasmus University. The Scholarship is a prestigious and highly competitive scholarship program that provides exceptional support for outstanding international students seeking to pursue master’s and bachelor’s degree at Erasmus University, Netherlands.
The NL Scholarship Erasmus University is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Erasmus University Rotterdam. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands.
Erasmus University Rotterdam, established in 1913, is a globally recognized institution situated in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Renowned for its academic excellence, Erasmus University specializes in social sciences, business, economics, and medical sciences. Emphasizing diversity and inclusivity, the university attracts a global student body, fostering a dynamic learning environment.
Erasmus University stands as a hub for shaping future leaders equipped to navigate the complexities of the global landscape.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree
- International Students
- 1 year
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Must be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Must have never been enrolled before as a full degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- Must be selected for one of the following programmes:
- Bachelor International Econometrics and Operations Research
- Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics
- Double bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics
- Must have registered for one of the above-mentioned bachelor programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in StudielinkOpens external, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before 1 February 2024 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must complete the mathematics entrance exam before 1 April with a sufficient result, if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during their secondary school education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge their opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a detailed financial statement, describing your financial situation and how you plan to finance your studies (i.e. cover your tuition fee payment as well as the remaining living expenses), in case you will receive the NL Scholarship Erasmus University.
- Must have completed the immigration application before 15 June. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents, as well as having transferred the remaining tuition fee + the remaining part of the living fee deposit + the IND handling fee before 15 June. For more information, please see the section ‘amount and payment’ below and the website on immigration procedures for prospective students.
- Must eventually be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
- A selection offer is not required at the moment of application, however, only students with a selection offer will be considered for the NL Scholarship Erasmus University.
- The scholarship will only be awarded when the applicant will start with the same programme for which they have applied and for which the applicant has received admission. Switching programmes after being awarded a scholarship is not possible.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The NL Scholarship Erasmus University amount of € 10.000 is split into two parts: € 5.000 is used as reduction on the tuition fee, the other € 5.000 will be received by the student through 10 monthly payments. The amount of € 5.000 that the student will receive, can be used as part of the required living fee deposit for the immigration procedure.
This means, should you be awarded with an NL Scholarship Erasmus University, you are to transfer the remaining part of your tuition fee) + remaining deposit for the cost of living + IND handling fee before 15 June.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit their application online via the “Osiris student platform”. Candidates should ensure the online form is properly filled and submitted. scholarship applications received – or incomplete – after the deadline, will not be considered.
For further information about the scholarship application process, kindly CLICK HERE to visit the official webpage.
- Motivation letter: stating your motivation to study at Erasmus School of Economics, showing evidence of being an excellent student and demonstrating why the scholarship would enlarge the opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics (max. two A4).
- Financial statement: describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship.
- Budget plan: overview explaining how you plan to finance your studies in case you will receive the Erasmus University
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript.
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA. The GPA template document below can be used for this. You can also a statement provide by your home University, but it is important that this statement contains the same information as our standard statement.
1st February 2024